Monday, October 28, 2013

Landed with £18 fee after using CheapOair [ C0m13x ]


easyjet

Cheapoair charged me a £18 fee for booking an easyJet flight through its website. Photograph: Simon Dawson/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Wanting to book a flight to Glasgow, and being a bit impecunious, I found what I wanted on CheapOair and through them booked with easyJet. When my bank statement came I found that CheapOair had charged me £18 for the privilege of using them, but there is no mention of any fee on their site. Though I am aware of this kind of thing regarding passport application and other sites I did not imagine it would happen on this one. You might know of them already but I thought I ought to report it. BT, Brighton, East Sussex

This website is a new one on us, so thanks for drawing it to our – and our readers’ – attention. Perhaps alarm bells should have rung for one of the most unsubtle names we have yet come across.

We welcome letters but cannot answer individually. Email us at consumer.champions@theguardian.com or write to Consumer Champions, Money, the Guardian, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU. Please include a daytime phone number

//

YOUR COMMENT